Government and commercial organizations are under constant pressure to limit spending while pursuing strategic initiatives and improving core services and operations. In government agencies, the leaders must manage their organizations for greater accountability, transparency, and spending effectiveness. Business executives also must find ways to reduce costs while mitigating risk and innovating to keep pace with rapidly evolving technology and regulations. Our consulting services can help clients address this two-pronged problem faced by the leadership team. We work with our clients to support their strategic transformation agendas and build programs in alignment with organizations goals and mission. With our expertise, streamlining business processes, reducing fraud, waste, and abuse, and improving productivity become important enablers for accomplishing mission and business objectives.
Strategy, Governance, and Program Management:
We have a proven track record in working with the offices of the CIO, CTO and CISO and other executive stakeholders in the areas of strategy, governance and program management to plan, develop, execute strategies to accomplish their goals and objectives. Our services in this line of business include:
- CIO advisory services
- Development of strategic plans, goals, key performance measures and strategies to achieve the goals
- Governance models based on standards from ITIL, PMI, CMMI, Lean Six Sigma
- Technology roadmaps, portfolio management, and mission alignment
- Enterprise PMO support, integrated project teams
- Strategic program management and tactical project management
- Process improvement, business process re-engineering, and Lean Six Sigma
- Change management, executive communications and stakeholder management
- Learning and development, training and leadership workshops
- Outsourcing and digital government
- Workforce development and human capital management
- OMB300, CPIC, financial reporting
- Gap analysis, market research, and advisory
Our specialists provide end-to-end acquisition support to US federal agencies and assist in large procurements by developing acquisition strategy, plans, timelines, SOO/SOW/PWS. We assist with source selection support, training, modular contracting, industry standards, and best practices. Our team consist of seasoned experts and DAWIA certified professionals and we help clients with cradle-to-grave procurement support tasks in modular contracting principles and FAR best practices.
Serving Governments with their Mission-critical Needs:
As organizational budgets continue to shrink, government leaders are constantly under pressure to do more with less. Federal agencies continue to evolve and SD Solutions, LLC helps leaders in the government operate with more efficiency, transform their business functions, and modernize processes and technology to meet the changing needs of their primary stakeholders.
We help government agencies achieve their mission to provide effective services to citizens, businesses, and other entities with more efficiency and in a timely manner. In this regard, we work closely with our clients to enhance performance, increase return on investments, drive transformation, and advance citizen services.
Our past performance spans across multiple business domains – Cybersecurity, Governance, Financial Services, Health IT, Science and Research, Quality Assurance, Enterprise Architecture, Regulatory, Election, Statutory, Affordable Care Act, Clinical Registries, Real Time Location Systems etc. The list of clients include US Department of Treasury (IRS, OCC), Department of Commerce, Health and Human Services (CMS), US Department of Transportation (DoT), Department of Health and Human Services (State of Delaware), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Science Foundation, Veteran Affairs, Federal Election Commission (FEC), US Commission on Civil Rights (USCCR). Our services include three major areas to help people, process and technology aspects of the government. Please visit our project showcase for select past performance.
A Client-centric and Partnership Model
We have the mission understanding, domain expertise and technical expertise to help you get results.
- Mission understanding – we understand the challenges and opportunities facing federal agencies. We can help implement solutions that improve outcomes and maximize results.
- Quality processes and frameworks – we maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and delivery excellence through ISO 9001 and CMMI compliant operations.
- Effective delivery options – we combine onsite responsiveness with cost-effective remote delivery capabilities.
- Technology leadership – we focus on selecting products, services and solutions that best fit your unique challenges and requirements.
Results-Oriented Services and Solutions
Our portfolio of services enables us to serve as your full-service provider for every facet of your operations. Our key service areas include:
- Cybersecurity services – helping CISOs and CIOs improve the security posture of their agencies. Strong prime performance with FISMA, FedRamp, CDM compliance
- OCIO support – strategy, roadmap, governance and program management. Develop strategic plans, manage governance models, and execute strategies and manage programs to deliver results that endure.
- Acquisition support – provide end-to-end acquisition support for large procurements using FAR best practices.
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) – assist government program managers to verify and validate the requirements, processes and deliverables based on industry standards such as PMI, CMMI, ISO, ANSI, EVM
- Architecture, engineering and technology services – deliver analysis, design, prototyping and engineering.
- Application management – day-to-day maintenance and improvement for your business applications, helping reduce costs and ensure faster delivery of programs, projects and other initiatives.
- Business process management & services – subject matter and technology experts, engineers, analysts and other professionals to manage back-office processes to improve efficiency and free up your time so you can focus on your mission.
- Operational support services – provide resource, supply chain, maintenance and operations, communications, training, management and support to federal clients, principally to U.S. military operations.
- Systems integration and consulting – design and implementation of business and technology solutions that solve your business and mission challenges.
- Technology management – infrastructure management that adapts to your mission and business requirements, including secure data center operations.
Improving Change Management for Your Organization:
Change management performed over a system’s life cycle provides control of performance and functionality to ensure the system performs as designed and intended. It also provides the documentation required to track and control changes for both reporting and future change purposes. Change at any level of an organization involves risk that must be understood and effectively controlled and managed for the organization to be successful. Strict change control and change management processes and procedures can help ensure successful and predictable outcomes.
Over the past several years, SD Solutions, LLC has worked closely with several federal agencies to offer organizational improvements. We have direct, relevant, and practical experience leading and managing large-scale transformation initiatives for both IRS IT and other Federal customers including DOT, FEC, HHS, SBA-ITIM, and USACRC. Our clients benefit from a proven, straightforward organizational change strategy and implementation that meets all measures of success. Our team is composed of a talented pool of resources that are not only experienced and professionally trained in organizational change management, stakeholder engagement, and communication development and execution, but also demonstrate the facilitation and instructional design skills necessary to support knowledge sharing and establish training. We have several ITIL certified practitioners that are seasoned in all phases of Service Strategy, Transition, Design, and Continuous Improvement.
Our organizational change management methodology provides a framework and methodical process for how to engage stakeholders, shift mindsets and behaviors, and ultimately engender personal commitment to the change. Our approach is built on a common set of theories and principles regarding organizational change, complemented with institutional and professional experience from assisting organizations with transformation efforts. Our approach uses three phases that help organizations effectively perform the following tasks:
- Prepare and plan for change
- Manage the change
- Sustain and improve
The changes we have helped implement have improved communications efforts, streamlined purchasing processes, improved employee engagement, enhanced governance, and lowered operating costs. When performed properly, change management can result in future cost avoidance.